4.21.2009

Wasting my Time (and: thoughts on love)

Things I should do
  • Read Hamlet
  • Do my math homework (which involves looking it up online, which involves... going to the school's slow website)
  • Be responsible and wonderful and do things right
Things I will do
  • Read Hamlet
  • Chew this gum even though it's kind of gross
  • Post videos on this blog!
  • Check facebook every twenty seven seconds, even though no one's online or doing anything interesting.
  • Read FML which I think is a little bit like Hamlet
  • Look up post-structuralism on wikipedia
We had a really interesting conversation about love in latin this morning. I'm not sure why, but Mr C ended up reading us segments of Plato's Symposium.
Awesome stuff, yo.

In regards to my opinion, I'm finding it hard to reconcile these two ideas:
  1. Humans are basically smart animals largely governed by the chemicals in our brains.
  2. I feel things, damn it!
Thoughts on this in the comments are welcome.
Although if people have been trying to define love since Plato's days, we're in for one hell of a conversation.

Quote without context:
Jessica: I'm definitely going to work for Playboy!

And another:
Me: Oh god, I'm going to have to write that on my hand. 'Note to self: Do not have a threesome'

Sounds like a very sexual day, but it really wasn't. Quite the opposite.

Love always,
Clara

(Oh god, what do I mean by that?)

No comments: