4.06.2009

Musical mystery!

This song is un-googlable but I'm in love with it.
Anyone know it?

Lyrics:
I don't know which way to go
Can you help me?
All I see is signs tonight
All around me, yeah
So what you waiting for now?
An ever after?
What you waiting for me to come back down?

Before we lay down to sleep tonight
I'd love to show how i feel inside

First base is always fun for the first taste
But I want more from you,
Worst case, I'll end up waiting for way too long
Realize darling that you are always on my mind
I'll end up coming on way too strong

That's the first verse and chorus. If anyone knows who sings it (a guy...) and where I can find more of him, that would be fantastic...
Funny story how it ended up on my computer. NaNoWriMo CD exchange. Someone sent me a huge CD so I didn't listen to all of them at once (and I had them all on shuffle while writing), and some were just called like, "Track 1, Unknown Album".
So just now I was burning a mix CD and going through my songs, and I see some unnamed ones so I decide I'm going to fix that. And I listen to this one and fall in love with it. And then I try to google the lyrics and get ZERO results.
So I'm asking for a huge coincidence right now. But I need to know who sings this.

Speaking of music, here's my most recent iTunes binge:

Come On Get Higher - Matt Nathanson
How Do You Sleep? - Jesse McCartney
Santa Clara - The National*
Take Me to the Riot - Stars
Anthems for a Seventeen-Year-Old Girl - Broken Social Scene**
An Eludarian Instance - Of Montreal
O Valencia! - The Decemberists
Phantom Limb - The Shins
Cath... - Death Cab for Cutie
The Hazards of Love 4 - The Decemberists
Title and Registration - Death Cab for Cutie
You Are the Moon - The Hush Sound
Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois - Sufjan Stevens
Crazier - Taylor Swift

*I will admit I downloaded that song for its name. But it's really good. Really.
**I will also admit I downloaded this one because I am soon to be a 17-year-old girl, and thus need to be familiar with these anthems.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"First Base" by: Aston Teague