4.05.2009

Feeling uninspired

So here's something that's supposed to be a facebook note.

100 Things You Might Not Know About Me...
Answer these questions [[and then tag other people to do the same]]

1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
Tripped and skinned my knee at belle haven with my grandparents. my parents were out of town. I think I was four.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
mirror, calendar, my passionfruit list and a star from the last CTY dance, an Obama poster

3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP?
I snore occasionally, if it's allergy season.

4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
A lot of really random stuff. If you're really curious, click the 'music' tag.

5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
midafternoon. Like, 3PM

6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
not to have to go to school tomorrow

7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
Certainty. (on that note, I think I just said I was in doubt. Oh god, you know what that means...)

8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)?
Patrick, my happy little laptop.

9. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5'7"

10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
Nope

11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Occasionally. If I'm already in a paranoid mood.

12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
The demon-child, also known as my sister

13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR?
I'm not sure. Ending up with a boring life.

14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
I have found all hair colors incredibly attractive at one point or another.

15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING?
I probably would be being proposed to, unless the feminist movement picks a new cause.

16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Hm. Every day, coffee. When I really want to, energy drink.

17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
Being a vegetarian, I'm kind of limited. This one time in italy though, there was this pizza with like, lettuce on top? Like pizza salad.

18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I just ate. But now I'm chewing gum.

19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME?
The color the sky turns right before the sun comes up. It's like a dark bluish turquoise or something.

20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
WHAT? NO. Who writes these questions?

21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED?
Not sure. I have trouble assigning meaning to objects.

22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?
Depends on your definition of crush and what day of the week you ask me.

23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
In my elbows :)

24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
Not one in particular. I wear things I like.

25. WHO IS YOUR FAV FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY?
Hm... Female, Julia Allison, although I'm not sure she's a celebrity really. Male, Demitri Martin. I will marry him.

26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
Yes! My Chili dog.

27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
A dog. Miniature poodle, actually.

28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Yes. 1) I only wish I could control these things. 2) Why not? I'd rather have a week in love with a person than nothing.

30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
Twenty nine. Because it's not on this list.

31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Blondes rule the world.

32. FAVORITE QUOTE?
"You are not boring or vain or simple or mean. You're colorful, complex, and have a beauty that's all your own. And for the record, you are infinitely nicer than they give you credit for." 

33. FAVORITE PLACE?
Home.

34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
Yesss.

35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
Philosophical conversations and cotton-candy flavored ice cream

36. MET ANYONE FAMOUS?
Yep. 

37. FIRST JOB?
Interned for a while... does that count?

38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Hahaha yes

39. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOULMATE?
Sort of. I think people fall in love a number of times, but one person is going to be in the right place at the right time.

40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT?
Trying to learn "The Remedy" on the piano.

41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY?
Yeah... On my gums, in 8th grade.

42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
I don't know if boob comments count as "compliments"...

43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES?
Yep. 4th-8th grade. Thank god that's over.

44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
nothing really... But it's coming up!

45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT AND THEIR NAMES?
3. See, I want to have an odd number so they can't pair off in fights, and only children (bless your hearts) are less likely to be well-adjusted. Plus, a psychic told me I'd have 2 boys and a girl. As for names, I'm not sure.

46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yeah. My great grandmother.

47. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST TURN OFF OF THE OPPOSITE/SAME SEX?
Boringness.

48. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU LIKE(D) ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL?
The camaraderie.

49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
Herbal Essences. I'm not sure the particular name, but it's the swirly orange one.

50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Sure. Sometimes it pisses me off, but I can change it.

51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Cheese. What? I don't know. I'm a vegetarian.

52. ANY BAD HABITS?
YES. Gum addiction, diet coke addiction, I wait too long to get my hair cut, I chip my nailpolish on purpose, etc.

53. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON?
I try not to be. 

54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes! I think I'm great! (That sounded stupid.) Although if there were multiple of me, the world might explode.

55. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?
As long as the awkwardness can be averted, sure.

56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
I hate to say they do, but there are actually studies that say people are more inclined to like you if you're 'attractive'. And thus they're more likely to give you a job or something great like that, so yes.

57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
I write lists of everything I hate about whatever it is I'm hating on. Actually. And I ramble and giggle and whatnot and essentially lose my mind. It's kind of a high.

58.WOULD YOU RATHER GAIN 58 POUNDS OR LOSE 58 POUNDS.
lose 58. Although I'd be pretty gross either way.

59. WHAT'S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE?
To be happy, short term and long term.

60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Probably the computer... I was obsessed with The Sims.

61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
Enough. When my phone died I never did one of those facebook groups or anything to get numbers. I've just been adding them as I need them.

62.WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID?
I believe I was. In fact, there was a room in my old house referred to as "The Barney Room" because that's where the primary TV was.

63. Do you use sarcasm?
Use? Sure. What?

64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE?
I can't eat either of those things. Given the choice, without regard for my health, I'd go with mac and cheese.

65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
Intelligence, kindness, chemistry.

66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
I've never had a lot really. Over the years: Clarabellum, Boob, Kl-Air-Ah, Clara-beara, Noodle, P

67. FAVORITE SUPER POWER?
Ability to manipulate time. And teleport. I think they go hand in hand.

68. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW?
House and The Office. And Gossip Girl

69.WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH YOUR ENEMIES?
Make friends. 

70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Cotton Candy. I mentioned this.

71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES?
Yep. My dad doesn't, interesting fact. He has nine fingers.

72. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM?
The trusty laptop tends to live in here.

73. PLANS FOR TONIGHT?
Go to spinning at five, have dinner, do math homework, listen to Dawson McAllister.

74. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE WHEN YOU ARE OLDER?
Probably the DC area, actually.

75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Yes, although I'd probably be bored reading their answers, as I'm sure they're bored reading mine. Hell, I'm bored reading mine. I'm bored writing mine. Why am I still doing this?

76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
iPod. "Save Tonight." My alphabetical song quest has gotten to the Ss

77. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
Water...

78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Isabella I think.

79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Height. That sounds weird but it's true.

80. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME?
Blog, read about things on wikipedia, go into old town and wander.

81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
I'm not a hater. I like to hate on haters. For the hypocrisy's sake.

82. FAVORITE SEASON OF THE YEAR?
The beginning of any season gets me excited about it, and then by the end I'm bored.

83. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF CANDY?
M&Ms. Or Fireballs.

84. HAVE YOU EVER REALLY AND TRULY HAD A BEST FRIEND?
Yep :)

85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
Blonde.

86. EYE COLOR?
Green

87. SHOE SIZE?
9-10

88. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
Taco bell. Sorry. It's true.

89. FAVORITE RESTAURANT?
Pier St. (Now known as "the masthead". But it's still Pier St.)

90. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Yes. I would probably get thrown out of my school if I didn't like sushi.

91. WATCH TV TODAY?
It was on while I was eating lunch...

92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
April 10 (because I'm obsessed with myself. That's incorrect. But I feel silly saying my birthday)

93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS?
I play many instruments, not very well.

94. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
Bleeding-heart liberal.

95. KISSES OR HUGS?
Yes please.

96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
Relationships...

97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
Redbull at 7/11

98. WOULD YOU EVER BE A HOUSEWIFE?
As long as I had a life too. Like, housewife who writes something.

99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
Naked by David Sedaris

100. DESCRIBE YOUR LOVE LIFE:
Like everything else, nonsensical.


Wow. I apologize if you read that whole thing. It was thoroughly uninteresting. 

Love always,
Clara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i did read the whole thing. but it was worth it to find out that you share my love for david sedaris and continue to love dawson mcalester!!!

clara said...

I am so, so sorry that you read that. but yes, david sedaris and dawson mcalester are incredible