4.08.2009

I am boring.

I haven't said anything vaguely substantive in far too long. 
Sincerest apologies. I've been super busy, and anticipate I'll be staying super busy for the next few days. 
Tests+double family birthdays+easter=madness.
Right now (or rather, just a second ago) I was studying for my history test, the 2nd of 3 this week. Could be worse.
Apparently my great grandmother Clara-the-first was like, BFFs with all these people though.

Examples: 
-Clara 1 was good friends with Frances Perkins and convinced FDR to make her Secretary of Labor
-Felix Frankfurter gave Clara 1 the pitcher that now is in my dad's office. He was a "brain truster" and at some point a Supreme Court Justice.

Is that cool or is that cool? Also, Henry Morgenthau's granddaughter is a friend of my Mom's. And Harold Ickes, Secretary of the Interior under Roosevelt, has a son/grandson (not sure) also named Harold Ickes who is doing things now.

A lot of the New Deal things sound pretty familiar actually...

Anyway, I've got to study.

Love always,
Clara
(the second)

No comments: