4.29.2009

Eyes and Cinnamon

So I went to the eye doctor today.
It was sweet.
I went and they shone a light in my eye and then put me in a room with a grad student (in school for Graphic Design- I have no idea what he was doing at the optometrist) who was kind of flirtatious until he asked what my major was and I had to reveal that I was in high school.
Darn that high school.
And he also checked my vision.
Then they dilated my pupils, which is really annoying because you have to wear sunglasses and you can't read anything. And then they tested my vision again.
So by the end I had confirmed that I have 20/20 vision, but I couldn't see. 

Now it's fine. But it was really frustrating because...
When I got home, I made cupcakes. From scratch. I'm not culinary. This doesn't happen. But oh my god they are incredible cinnamon cupcakes with cinnamony icing too and I'm bringing them to english class tomorrow. 
It's going to be incredible.
I felt like Kierkegaard for a moment there- the recipe for the frosting told me to "cream" the butter/sugar... I wasn't aware that "cream" was a verb in this sense, and definitely didn't think butter/sugar could be made into cream, but I kept stirring it. And I thought to myself, "I am Abraham, doing the absurd and making a leap of faith"

And then it worked and I thought,
"Behold! I have returned from the mountain and my cupcakes are creamed! There is a culinary god, and he is good!"

I was feeling expressive. I was also on a sugar high. My grandmother always said, "eat your mistakes."

Very flattering quote without context-
David: Your blog is like cocaine. I just need to snort your blog every day

Love always,
Clara

2 comments:

Daphna said...

your philosophical connections are astoundingly insightful. i'm quite serious. :)

clara said...

hahaha why thank you. i felt a little absurd mixing frosting and contemplating theistic existentialism.