3.05.2011

seriously, think about it. ew.

I really should be doing work right now, but I'm not. What else is new?
Last night I was talking to Andrew about my facial recognition woes.

Andrew: That girl did look like Tiffany from behind.
Me: Yeah! I mean, imagine having to recognize everyone from behind. That's basically what it's like.
Andrew: Well I see everyone from behind sooner or later.

I thought this was hilarious at the time. In retrospect, maybe it isn't. Maybe that was just crass. I'm never sure. Our definitions of crassness are looking increasingly arbitrary to me lately. A lot of things are looking increasingly arbitrary. Such as what we do or don't consider gross. I explored this at breakfast this morning.

Me: Well, a lot of things are gross when you think about it. I mean, think about sex. That's gross.
John: I don't want to think that hard about sex. Can't I just drink my orange juice in peace?
Andrew: No!

Now I think I'm going to clean my room, watch the frat boys get dressed up (I just enjoy seeing boys in suits. I blame going to private school), and then run off to Starbucks or something to get my public health essay started.
That seems like the right thing to do.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: