3.07.2011

summer

Not the season but the girl.
I've just now discovered that Summer the senior (from my high school in the states) is a blogger. She is phenomenal and you should all go read her blog right now. Here's a sample.
First, it was the first day of spring sports and I got a rush of emotions thinking of how I did track last spring. HAH IT’S COMICAL! I will never forget the first practice where I went up to Coach Bodine and said, “Hi, my name is Summer Delaney. I am a junior. I don’t really know what to do because I can’t sprint because I am really slow, and I can’t do distance because I have no stamina. I also run funny. Suggestions?” She told me to try to keep up and that the first practice was running around the track for 30 minutes alternating between 30 seconds jogging and 30 seconds sprinting every time the whistle blew. This quickly turned into 30 seconds walking and 30 seconds jogging. When the fast people were running, Bodine would yell “STOP BEING LAZY AND MOVE!” 
When I passed her, she said “It’s okay girl, just finish.”
Summer and I had some great times in US chorus back in the day (oh, and JV softball. I try to forget about JV softball). I very specifically remember rooming with her in Germany, staying up late, and literally falling asleep while talking (and eating Mozart balls, an Austrian treat that lends itself to innuendo -- the best kind of Austrian treat). Falling asleep while talking is a weird thing to do by the way, because I actually started having a dream while we were chatting, and didn't realize that it wasn't real.

Summer: Does that make sense?
Me: Wait, I need my purse!
Summer: ... what?

We also tried to hit on Landon boys at the private-school-choral-gatherings. Everyone knows that's what those kinds of events are for anyways. Pink-Tie and Orange-Tie had it going on, and I've got a thing for guys who can sing.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: