3.02.2011

a little more direction

This identity crisis that started this weekend (although one might say it's been going on for a while now, or maybe forever) is turning into a blog-saga.
Once again, I've been doing some thinking. I hope we all have learned by now that me doing some thinking is very dangerous all around. I begin to think and suddenly everything is thrown into disarray and why exactly does this happen? No one knows.

My thinking was about the nature of the blog again. It occurred to me that I do implicitly have a sort of central theme. "Love always, Clara" is a sign-off. It's the closing to a letter. These posts could be construed as a form of one-sided correspondance between myself and the world.

When I was younger, I considered myself an anthropologist of sorts. I was always trying to figure things out, figure people out. Now, the analogy would be a little more like this: I was a researcher, sent to an island to learn about their customs, and write about my experiences in this strange land. But I've "gone native" as they say, and fallen in love with all of it, and now I'm just keeping records out of habit and a relentless desire to explain things later, even if I can't fully articulate why they're so simply fantastic in the first place. These posts could easily be read as the letters from myself to the King of Spain or whomever, if that were to make any sense, except clearly it doesn't.

The whole twisted metaphor does give me a new paradigm though, which is a nice thing to have these days.


I'm posting this song because I like it, and because if this is the journal of my expedition into the wild unknown 21st century world, I can post whatever songs I want.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: