3.12.2011

imperial battleship, halt the flow of time!

you might notice there are no flyers for upcoming parties on this board.
It's 50 degrees and sunny. It is time to officially congratulate myself for surviving my first New England winter. It was not nearly as bad as my father had led me to believe.

Although, Providence is much milder than Williamstown, as I understand it. He also spent one of his new england winters hiking around in the wilderness. I spent most of mine indoors as much as possible. There was the occasional instance of walking across the main green and wanting to cry because the wind was so sharp, but that really only happened a couple times, and snow is so lovely anyway.

That said, I'm done with snow, for a little while. Spring is here and no one can try to tell me otherwise.

Last night, we tried to go to a party hosted by the half-Asian club (I did not know this was a real thing). We walked halfway to Whole Foods trying to get to the damn house, and when we got there, they turned us around because they said it was too crowded. I think the real problem was that we turned up in a mob of like, 30 people whom we'd collected on the way. Some of those stuck around even after we were no longer useful to them (I was under the impression that I was the only one who knew where Angell street was and how house numbers worked. They probably could have found their own way, but in my mind I was fearless leader, both Lewis and Clark, and also Columbus, not quite landing in India). I'm not sure why that happened.

On the way, I stopped traffic.

Me: Imperial battleship, halt the flow of time!


I shouted this while extending my hand to the car. There was also a red light, but I'd like to think time stopped at my command.

In retrospect, I do actually believe that the party was pretty crowded. It seemed to be the only thing going on last night. I stand here, then, to make a request of my fellow undergraduates:
Please throw more parties, so that everyone doesn't end up in one place. That would be great.

That is all.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: