3.19.2011

a not-naked party

Last night was fun. There was a post- gathering, which was less of a party as a group of people hanging out with the lights on, eating kettle corn, drinking gin and tonics. I talked to Charles about Nietzche and tried to sound smart (I am not so sure how successful I might have been). It was a good time but I was feeling restless so I relocated and met up with the Keeney kids (there are so many people who fit that description, but I'll trust that you know who I'm talking about).

We went to phi psi. I saw some coolers and debated getting a drink.

Me: Hey, what's in these?
Brother: Apple juice.
Me: No, really.
Brother: Take some.
Me: Oh my god! It really is apple juice!

Apparently it was a dry party. No one knew this. But I did take the apple juice, because I really like apple juice.
After about five minutes it occurred to me that almost everyone I had come with was in a couple. David also saw this happening, so we decided to peace out.

There was word of a naked party on Charlesfield. The nudity aspect didn't exactly enthrall me; I've discovered that I'm still not all that comfortable with my body (see: St. Patrick's day 2008). I thought I was by now, I guess, but then I heard about all of the naked sauna parties that Zete has, and it occurred to me that I would rather die.

Luckily when we arrived at Charlesfield (and got through the line, and made some new friends, and met up with Billy and Scott), everyone was mostly clothed.

Dancing, loud music, everything one needs. My feet were hurting though, and when the party got broken up, I was hellbent on going back to Keeney. Mateo stopped me and reminded me to read a poem he'd been talking about earlier. I've been meaning to do that.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: