3.30.2011

it's a rough life.

So, yesterday, I slipped out of this place I'm staying before anyone could see me and prepare me breakfast. I did this without thinking, because most of the things that any of us do, I'm pretty sure, are done without thinking, but anyway it caused a bit of a fuss, because my host's housekeeper Gina was meant to prepare me breakfast.

I wouldn't make that mistake today.

I came out of my room a bit after eleven to find Gina in the kitchen. On the table, there was a box of Raisin Bran (someone's got inside sources, because that's my absolute favorite), milk, a plate of cheese, several bread rolls, some jam, some butter, two slices of coffee cake, a plate of ham, and a glass of orange juice.
And one chair.

My appetite, it seems, has been overestimated.

I suppose there are worse problems in the world than being served an extravagant breakfast over spring break. This might actually be the least-genuinely-problematic problem I've ever had.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: