1.27.2009

Recession marketing

Two great things about this economic crisis:
1) The random cheap ads on tv (which are hilarious) are becoming more common. Example:
I just saw an advertisement for car insurance.
Image of a house at night, with two lights in the windows
Female voice: Honey, it's after midnight! What are you doing?
Male voice: I'm buying car insurance!
Female voice: Really?
... later...
Male voice: And I'm done!
Female voice: Great! Can you bring me some cheese puffs?

Like... what?

2) Bought some magazines today (went out, walked in the snow, got some tea, dropped off film, the standard cvs run). And the magazines felt... thin.
The advertisements are... less so. Same amount of content, fewer ads. Which I prefer.
Just because it's a side effect of a recession, doesn't mean it isn't awesome.

Love always,
Clara

No comments: