1.24.2009

Winter (in)Formal...

... was FREAKING AMAZING.
I seriously only planned to go because it's a fundraiser for one of the school newspapers (and my personal preference among the two, simply for its witty satire), and Mama Latin had been stressing about it.
But I went.
And it was great.

The thing I realized tonight that I really love about being single is that if, perchance, I had an involvement with a guy or whatever, I would have to think. Or rather, I would be inclined to think. Because I tend to think, usually too much, especially when guys are involved. But tonight it was dark and the lights were flashing and the music was really loud and I didn't care that my dress was kind of falling off because I was jumping up and down in a big crowd of people, and I didn't even recognize a lot of them, or bother to make out their faces, or whatever, because two seconds later they'd be gone, and wow this is a long sentence.
And that kind of freedom doesn't happen when you're thinking.

I was kind of high on life actually... I have a fear now that the teachers chaperoning could have gotten the wrong impression as to the source of my ebullience. Ebullience≈inebriation under the right circumstances. And I am under the impression that I would not have been the only one, were that the case.

Yay that was fun. Unexpected fun on a saturday night is always the best kind.

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was intense.
I almost had a seizure. Dumb strobe lights.

Anyway.