1.31.2009

So what's the deal with...

... teen angst?

Grace insisted we listen to her music on the drive home from the AWESOME 7th/8th grade musical. They did 'Guys and Dolls' and yes, it was adorable.
Anyway, Grace is in that evanescence phase. 
I had that phase. I had that moment when "Everybody's Fool" seemed the perfect metaphor for my oh so dramatic life. But at least that song doesn't imply killing oneself is a good idea.
I guess the newer album is... like that.
I don't know.
Here's the thing. I've found that phase tends to occur, if it does occur, between 6th and 8th grade.
Which is when the girls are meanest and I know I looked and felt awkward. 
But it's also when your stress levels are relatively low.
So what's the deal with this "omg my life is so hard" teen angst?

Love always,
Clara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm on a posting roll today, because you are so much more interesting than Hawthorne's use of Pearl as symbol.
I remember that stage. We were all very stupid. Very, very stupid. 6-8th grade= bad stage for girls.
I looked up the new Evanesence songs, and why the heck is she singing about Lithium? It just makes me think of those new Lithium batteries. I couldn't find any pro-suicide stuff in it, but that's probably because I couldn't understand it at all. Maybe Evanescence's songs are only fully concievable by those with super dramatic lives, i.e. 8th grade girls.