1.27.2009

Snow day!



Not that it's... you know... snowing... or anything...
I bet it is out in randomville. It tends to snow more in randomville than it does here. And kids at my school live out there.

(P.S. In the bottom left corner of that picture, that girl in the cat mask? That's me in the closing scene of By Jeeves. We were doing Andrew Lloyd Webber references. I'm standing behind the Phantom of the Opera)

Can I just say how frustrating this is though? I'm not complaining (far from it) but I had woken up at 6 to go to breakfast club (which, as always, I was looking forward to). And I was already dressed, hair done, etc, about to get my backpack together when I hear my dad's phone ring. And I'm thinking "who calls my dad at 6:15 in the morning?" and then he calls upstairs and says...
"Clara? No school. Go back to sleep"
So I'm like...
"Really? Sweet! But oh god. Can you just come up and witness how completely ready I was?"
I mean, I was wearing snow boots just in case and everything.
I still am, actually. I won't waste this intense readiness on sleep. If I'm going to be this ready for... school/life/whatever, I'm going to be awake and appreciate it.

Although I don't think the rest of the fam appreciates myself clicking away up here at 6:35 AM...

Love always,
Clara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay snow day! Now I have all these bagels, orange juice, and cream cheese though. I thought that had happened to me too, but I was actually just dreaming about getting ready. I never actually got ready

Anonymous said...

So...apparently some other Katie is commenting, too. Weird.
Anyway. BY HECK, BY GEORGE, BY JOVE, BY JEEVES, BY JEEVES, BY JEEVES, BY JEEEEVESSSSS, BY JEEVES!

(Greatest experience of my life.)